Playwright Festival 2017$10
Join us for an evening of comedy and drama as we perform eight never seen before short plays, submitted by playwrights from around the world.
Performance Dates: July 27, 28, 29, 2017 at 8 pm and July 30, 2017 at 2 pm
- HOMECOMING by Jeffery Strausser, Directed by Patti Shockley
- POST NORA STRESS DISORDER by Hal Corley, Directed by Mitchell Ward
- STORY ROAD by Mark Cornell, Directed by Kim Hentges
- THE FIELD by Tom Cavanaugh, Directed by Noah Price
- THE RED TRUCK by Rhea MacCallum, Directed by Cece McFarland
- THE SUITCASE by Stephen Cooper, Directed by Mary Morris
- THE WALKING ADVISOR by Julie Ana Rayne, Directed by Matt Hentges
- WHO ARE YOU GOING AS? by Daniel Curzon, Directed by Mindi Thompson
How the Playwright Festival Works:
The selection committee has chosen eight brand new short plays to produce from those submitted. Each play is given to a different director, and auditions are held for casting. Since this is a fundraising event, there is no budget given for the productions. Directors must use existing props and costumes, and sets are minimal. After each performance, audience members at the Playwright Festival are encouraged to vote for their favorite short play, and awards are given for Best Production and Best Script.
Cold read auditions for the 2017 Playwright Festival will be held June 10, 2017 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Sermon Center, 201 N. Dodgion Street, Independence, MO 64050.