Playwright Festival 2019
Eight plays shall be selected for production in August 2019.
Guidelines for submission:All submissions must be original, unpublished, one act plays of between 10 and 15 minutes in length. No submission fee required.
Submissions must be received by email between February 1, 2019 12:00 AM and February 10, 2019 11:59 PM.
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED- Limit reached as of 2/2/2019
The first 75 qualifying submissions will be accepted. After this quota of 75 scripts has been received, no additional submissions will be accepted.
Any script selected for production will be presented in its originally submitted form. No post-submission changes will be allowed.
Any submissions not adhering to the following shall be eliminated from consideration.
Subject & Content:
1. Scripts shall contain at least two and not more than five characters.
2. Subject matter of the story must be Survival.
3. The stage will be bare, with no walls, doors, or floor coverings, no breakable props, minimal furniture.
Additional information and guidelines:
1. All scripts must be submitted electronically via email in .pdf format.
Two copies of script must be submitted One should be Blind (no author information)
2. Playwrights will be notified via e-mail when their manuscript is received.
3. Scripts must include:
a. A separate cover page with the playwright’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a short biography of the playwright.
b. A cast of characters with descriptions
c. A brief synopsis
d. Numbered pages
4. Playwrights shall not submit more than two plays to be considered per festival year.
5. Playwrights will be notified by May 15, 2019, if their play has been selected for production.
6. Plays selected for production will be listed on our website, www.citytheatreofindependence.org
7. All production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
8. City Theatre of Independence shall have the right to produce selected scripts without payment of royalties.
9. Production will be at the discretion of City Theatre of Independence.
10. Only stage plays will be considered. Musical, film or TV scripts will not be selected for production.
11. All submissions must be original, unpublished, and not presented or produced prior to June 1, 2019.
12. Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization, cast size, and dialogue. Technical requirements will be noted.
13. Critical analysis or feedback will not be provided.
14. Playwrights should be aware that the size of our stage is limited. There are no opportunities for elaborate scene changes.
15. Please consider our audience and do not send sexually explicit or gratuitously violent or obscene scripts.
Please Direct Questions to email@example.com