These are fun events that CTI participates in or hosts on a regular basis as part of our fundraising efforts or to celebrate the end of each season. Sign up for our newsletter and check the events calendar for upcoming dates.
Powerpalooza – February
- Powerpalooza is a joint effort with the Children’s Performing Theatre and Encore Theatre. The Sermon Center gymnasium becomes a fun-filled space from top to bottom with games, magic, special performances and food.
Awards Banquet – July
- The Awards Banquet is held after the end of the regular season. Nominees for awards are voted on by company members and season ticket holders.
Playwright Festival – August
- The City Theatre of Independence Annual Playwright Festival is an annual fundraising event for the theatre where eight original, unpublished, short plays are produced.
Open House – August
- Visit the theatre and pick up your season tickets. Tour backstage, and get to know some great people.
Santa-Cali-Gon – September
- City Theatre of Independence participates every year in Santa-Cali-Gon Days on the Independence Square. Keep an eye out for volunteer opportunities.
Enchanted Forest – October
- The Enchanted Forest is a non-scary alternative to haunted houses and a fun experience for younger children.
Craft Show- Food booth in November
- Each November, the weekend before Thanksgiving, CTI hosts a food and snack booth during the Best Craft Show which is run by the Sermon Center.