A comedy-drama about the bond among a group of Southern women based on Harling’s experience with his sister’s death. Get to know six ordinary women as their lives cross paths over three years. The women interact, at times with conflict but in the end they remain friends: Shelby’s decision to have a child despite possible complications; Clairee’s friendship with curmudgeonly Ouiser; Annelle’s change from a shy, anxious newcomer to good-time girl then a repentant revival-tent Christian; and Truvy’s relationships with the men in her family. Hilarious repartee and acerbic but humorously reveling verbal collisions introduces us to six women who can be as delicate as a magnolia flower and as tough as steel when faced with adversity.
Cast of Characters:
- Annelle Dupuy: Laurie Crawford
- Shelby Eatenton: Caroline Jackson
- Truvy Jones: Shelley Richards
- M’Lynn Eatenton: Stacey L. Keenan
- Ouiser Boudreaux: Linda Levin
- Clairee Belcher: Jacqueline Friedhof