Subject & Content
Scripts shall contain at least two and not more than five characters.
The stage will be bare, i.e. no walls, doors, or floor coverings, using no breakable props & minimal furniture.
Information & Guidelines
- All scripts must be submitted electronically via email in .pdf format. Two (2) copies of the script must be submitted. One (1) with all author identifying information the other MUST be completely Blind (NO author information).
- Scripts must include:
- A separate cover page with the playwright’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and a short biography of the playwright
- A cast of characters with descriptions
- A brief synopsis
- Numbered pages
- Playwrights will be notified via e-mail when their manuscript is received.
- Playwrights shall not submit more than two plays to be considered per festival year.
- Playwrights will be notified by May 15, 2022, if their play has been selected for production.
- Plays selected for production will be listed on our website.
- All production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
- City Theatre of Independence offers royalties of $25 per play.
- Production will be at the discretion of City Theatre of Independence.
- Only stage plays will be considered. Musical, film or TV scripts will not be selected for production.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished, and not presented or produced prior to June 1, 2022.
- Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization, cast size, and dialogue. Technical requirements will be noted.
- Critical analysis or feedback will not be provided.
- Playwrights should be aware that the size of our stage is limited. There are no opportunities for elaborate scene changes.
- Sexually explicit or gratuitously violent or obscene scripts will NOT be accepted.